Crystal clear sound
for those who love purity
R12 is the microphone dedicated to the fans of the historical C12. A linear three-dimensional microphone, open and airy in the mid and treble range. It is appreciated both for high-fidelity vocal and instrumental miking, and particularly suitable for classical recordings.
Only the best components
For this microphone we have chosen a particular capsule made of polyester, type CK12, while considering the valve, we only use the best NOS General Electric model 6072 5-star. All valves are tested one by one.
Power is the key
The special power supply incorporates a multiple filtering cell, and completely eliminates the ripple. It contains high quality BLACK GATE ™ electrolytic capacitors. The capsule and anode bias voltages have been completely revised in accordance with the original AKG design.
- Chromed brass basket with three levels of hand-welded grids.
- The bodies, as well as the elegant elastic semicircle suspensions, are made of tubes of a high quality Avional duralluminium.
- The microphone is anodized with scratchproof treatment.
- The design of the shock mount, together with the titanium bracket screw and ergonomic clamping handle, is both functional and durable. It is equipped with stainless steel screws and silicone snap rings, and it sports a freely positioned ergonomically clamping handle with a titanium bracket screw.
- The cradle for the microphone support and related locking ring are made of Delrin.
- The Binder connector is based on the famous Tuchel.
- The microphone cable is a six conductor extra high quality Mogami cable.
The electric board is made by an Italian company able to produce copper tracks with a thickness of 105 microns, resulting in a longer durability and better reliability.
Nothing is left to chance, not even the wiring! Ribera R12 is equipped with an extra resistant connector, while the cable is a Mogami®, peculiar for high-performance tube microphones.
All the mechanical elements are made in Italy by manufacturers equipped with the latest CNC machines.
With R12 you are ready to record!
The basic equipment includes the microphone, a wooden box, a black semicircular shock mount, the Ribera inductive power supply, a 10 meters Mogami® cable for tube microphones with Binder® connectors, and an elegant case.